Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Pivot Course may collect personally identifiable information. We collect your Personal Data through a variety of methods: either you provide it to us
directly, we collect it from external sources, or we collect it by using automated means. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
– First and Last Name
– E-mail Address
Regarding each of your visits to our Sites we automatically collect the following information:
- Login Information: We log technical information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and version you use, the last access time of your visit, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to create your account and the most recent IP address used to access your account. Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access your account, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers, but this information is anonymized and not tied to any person.
- Information We Collect Required by Law, Rule, or Regulation: Depending on the Service, we may collect information from you in order to meet regulatory obligations around know-your-customer (“KYC”) and the information that we collect from you includes the following: External Sources: We also receive information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through our Services. For instance, we use “cookies” from time to time to help personalize your online experience with us. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer to help us make your visit to our Sites more “user-friendly.” Cookies provide us with information about your use of the Sites that can help us improve the Sites and your experience with it. We will process Personal Data collected through cookies in accordance with this Privacy. Types of personal data collected: This could include a list of the types of personal data, such as name, address, email, phone number, etc.
- We use third-party services that may be co-branded as Prepper Nerd but will do so with clear notice. Any third-party services may collect information as determined by their own privacy policies.
- Advertising or analytics providers may provide us with anonymized information about you, including but not limited to, how you found our website.
If you purchase Pivot Course’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. This is done through a third party payment processing service, and Pivot Course never has access to your payment information, other than the Personal Information listed above.
You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
On what basis do we collect your data?
We only use your Personal Data where we have a legal basis to do so:
- Consent. For some processing activities, we require your prior consent. This applies for example to some of our direct marketing activities which fall under the scope of the GDPR. You will always be prompted to take clear, affirmative action so that we can ensure that you
agree with the processing of your Personal Data. This action may, for example, take the form of a checkbox. If you have given us your consent for processing operations, you may always change your mind, and withdraw your consent at any time and easily; all you need to do is to send us an email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legitimate interest. In most cases where we process Personal Data in the context of our Services, we rely on our legitimate interests in conducting our normal business as a legal basis for such processing. Our legitimate interests are to identify or prevent fraud, to enhance the security of our network and information systems, or to carry out processing operations for statistical purposes. We will use legitimate interest only when we have carried out an assessment on the impact that this processing may have on you and concluded that the processing does not unduly infringe your rights and freedoms. For example, we do not use this justification if we process sensitive data, or when the processing would be unexpected for you, or if we consider it to be too intrusive.
Use of your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Data to: Provide our Services (including customer support); Troubleshoot problems; Communicate with you about our Services and business and to inform you of matters that are important for your account and/or use of the Sites. We also use your Personal Data to respond to any questions, comments or requests you filed with us; Comply with applicable laws and regulations; Establish, exercise and defend legal claims; Monitor and report compliance issues; Customize, measure, and improve our business, the Services, and the content and layout of our – Sites and apps (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services); Perform data analysis; Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and measure the effectiveness of it. To approach you via email for marketing purposes, we
request your consent, unless it is not required by law. You always have the option to unsubscribe from our mailings, e.g., via the unsubscribe link in our newsletter; Perform risk management, including comparing information for accuracy and verify it with third parties and protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities; and Enforce our contractual terms.
Pivot Course collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services that we offer.
Pivot Course may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Pivot Course and its affiliates.
Pivot Course will not share information collected in your Ultimate Prep System (formerly known as the Prep Inventory System) in any way that is personally identifiable, unless we have obtained your informed consent to do so.
Pivot Course may aggregate information collected by multiple users of the Ultimate Prep System to provide information publicly about the makeup of the collective data stored within the system. This information would only be shared if done so in a way that is not personally identifiable to any user.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Pivot Course does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists, nor individual user’s data or personally identifiable information, to third parties.
Pivot Course may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information is not transferred to the third party. Pivot Course may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Pivot Course, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Pivot Course may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Pivot Course or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Pivot Course; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Pivot Course, or the public.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. While retention requirements vary by jurisdiction, information about our typical retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are described below.
- Contact Information such as your name, email address and telephone number for marketing purposes is retained on an ongoing basis until you unsubscribe. Thereafter we will add your details to our suppression list to ensure we do not inadvertently market to you.
- Content that you post on our Sites such as support desk comments, photographs, videos, blog posts, and other content may be kept after you close your account for audit and crime prevention purposes (e.g. to prevent a known fraudulent actor from opening a new account).
- Information collected via technical means such as cookies, web page counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
When Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, we will remove any details that identifies you or we will securely destroy the records, where permissible. However, we may need to maintain records for a significant period of time (after you cease using a particular Service) as mandated by regulation.
Tracking User Behavior
Pivot Course may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within the Site, in order to determine what content and services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the Site to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Pivot Course. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
The Site may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Site pages, or register with the Site or Pivot Course services, a cookie helps Pivot Course to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Pivot Course services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Pivot Course secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Pivot Course uses the following methods for this purpose:
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Pivot Course does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Pivot Course may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Pivot Course or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Pivot Course, you may opt out of such communications by clicking a link in the footer of any system generated email to unsubscribe or manage their subscription preferences..
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Pivot Course welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Pivot Course has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Pivot Course at:
Pivot Course LLC
3400 Cottage Way, Ste G2 #6760
Sacramento, California 95825
Effective as of January 01, 2021
Last revised on November 28, 2023